Friday, January 2, 2015

19 Weeks!



Ok, 18 weeks and 5 days...but I'm excited, so I'm rounding up. This weekend marks the end of Christmas Break from school (noooooooooooo!!!), but it also means only 1 week until my ultrasound! I think pregnancy is just such a miracle, I just can't comprehend how a perfect, healthy baby can be created - every body part perfect formed and functioning. That said, I am always worried (like probably every single other expectant mom on Earth) that something is going to go wrong. But that's not stopping me from getting extremely excited to see this little critter again and find out what's going on in there! I haven't had an ultrasound since 12 weeks, and I remember being so excited that the baby looked like a BABY and not a blob!! My Dr. said, "Wait until you see it next time!" Now that it's almost 'next time,' I just can't stop thinking about seeing my little one's face (and hopefully other body parts, or lack thereof, because....) I also can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl! I just can't handle not knowing!!! I have so much shopping to do!!!

In other news:

Not really having any cravings or aversions at this point, so nothing exciting to report there. The dreams are still crazy...you can see my previous post all about that...

So far I've gained about 8 pounds  (mostly in my belly, but I can tell it's going to my hips too) and wear maternity clothes pretty much all the time, although I can still wear a lot of pants and shirts from before (loose, stretchy, flowy ones...).

I'm finally getting a little bump, and I'm starting to get uncomfortable laying on my back and just sleeping in general. I have to pee about a thousand times a day and am hungry (maybe hangry, actually) about every 2 hours.

Worst of all is the itchy skin. I've always had really dry, sensitive skin, but my belly is itchy and dry ALL the time. I'm sure it's because of the stretching that's starting to happen, and crazy hormones are no help, I would guess. Today, Sean and I went to a movie. Naturally, not even halfway through, I had to use the bathroom. I walked down the hallway, itching my belly the whole way. I saw another pregnant woman on her way to he restroom itching her belly! I wanted to high five her and say, "I feel ya sister!" I use cocoa butter cream and lavender oil every day...usually twice a day...and they seem to help most of the time, but if you have any suggestions, I wanna hear them! I'll try just about anything.

I got the coolest Christmas present ever - on Christmas morning I felt the baby move for the first time! Sean and I were in the car on our way to my parents' house for Christmas breakfast. I felt a little pressure on the left side of my belly (which I though was gas...), and then it suddenly shifted. I gasped and froze, because at first I wasn't sure if it was what I thought it was! I had never felt anything like it before! Another minute later it happened again! I just couldn't believe it. I rubbed my little bump and started to cry a little. Sean was so excited too! I can't wait until he can feel it from the outside.

Last of all, New Year's resolutions - Even though I feel great now and have my energy back, I can't seem to pull myself out of the first trimester funk. I have no motivation to exercise and haven't been eating as healthily or drinking as much water as I should. Now that I'm feeling good, no more excuses. I need to take better care of myself and this lil babe. SO, I organized my kitchen cupboards and made myself a basket of healthy snacks that are just as easy to get to as the chips! I'm also going to try and plan meals better so that I don't make the excuse of having nothing to cook and eating out instead. I have some really fun pregnancy workouts to try and can still do my Physique 57 workouts for the most part, so away we go! 2015 is going to be an exciting year!!!

1 comment:

  1. Use some fractionated coconut oil with the lavender. Avenno lotion too. DoTERRAHas an unsenyed lotion you could put the lavender in as well. Also later in pregnancy when it seemsike the baby never stops moving, lavender and your hands held on your belly calms the baby down....

    ReplyDelete