Monday, January 5, 2015

Favorite Pregnancy Products?

I'm a lover of all beauty products...so now, of course, I have to try out all the pregnancy-specific products I've seen or heard about!

So far I really like Palmer's Tummy Butter. No stretch marks yet, but I'm only 19 weeks, so that will probably change. I'm not holding out hope for some miracle product that will prevent stretch marks, but wouldn't that be awesome?! Mostly, I love the way this butter feels and smells. It's a little greasy, but it helps with the itch and makes my belly feel really well-moisturized and it's CHEAP! $6 and you can find it almost anywhere. I've been using it pretty liberally twice a day every day for at least the past 5-6 weeks, and I still haven't run out.



They're not pregnancy-specific, but I'm a big fan of doTERRA essential oils. Lavender is such a cure-all oil and I'm so glad I can use it throughout my pregnancy. I mix it in with my tummy butter, I rub it on my feet at night, I put some on my chest at night to help me sleep, I could go on...

Aside from beauty products, the other big change I've had to make is with pants, because I couldn't button a pair of my jeans if you paid me. Luckily, I've learned that I LOVE MATERNITY PANTS. I think everyone - men, women, children, the elderly...we just should all wear maternity pants all the time. In fact, twice when I've been shopping for maternity clothes, I've seen older women (think 70ish) shopping for pants in the maternity section. I thought it was so strange at first and thought they must not have realized what part of the store they were in, but now I understand....they just know better. I've gotten a couple pairs of preggo jeans. One pair was cheap at Ross, and the other was from Motherhood Maternity. Although the Ross jeans are cute, they just don't fit as well. They slip off my butt all the time and I can tell the quality is not as good. I hate spending lots of money on pants, but I think it's worth it to have a pair or 2 of maternity pants that won't leave you yanking at your waistband all day long.


What are YOUR favorite products for pregnancy?

No comments:

Post a Comment