I have been so blessed, and there is no other word that describes my life more accurately. I have a beautiful home that keeps me safe, comfortable, warm, and dry. I have the best neighbors and ward family I've ever had in my life. I love going for walks through my neighborhood because, without fail, we will run into someone we know and say hi or stop and talk for a while. I live in a beautiful city where I can walk to mountain trails and go for a run next to the river. It's a city that I take pride in. It feels like home to me. I have a job that I love and that makes me feel like I am doing something worthwhile every day. I love my students and coworkers and bosses. At my school, we always say we're like a family, and it's absolutely true. I've never seen that in a school before.
I have a dog baby named Zero who makes us laugh every single day. I've never seen a creature with more personality. He has 2 settings - crazy and cuddly. He came into my life during a really difficult time, and he has an amazing ability to sense when I need him. He makes my life better just by existing. He has been my baby since I saw his face on a pet adoption website 3 years ago, and he will always be my dog baby.
I have a family who loves and supports me through everything. My siblings and parents are my best friends, and I actually really mean that. My husband's family is full of the strongest, most caring people I know. I can't even say how much they've done to help us. I know they are always there for us, and for me. They have always made me feel like I belong with them. I love them feel so lucky to be a part of their lives.
I have a husband who loves me and shows it every day. He knows me so well, and is accepting and understanding of all my quirks and flaws. He is sweet, funny, strong, handsome, patient, friendly, hard-working, humble, talented, and has his priorities in order. He makes me feel safe, we make each other laugh, and we are best friends. We'd rather spend time at home alone together watching TV and eating cold cereal than with anyone else, anywhere else. I never would have imagined that we would end up married, and in the 6 short years we've been together, we have been through a lot. We started out as complete opposites without a lot in common. For some reason, we just could never let each other go. We were meant to be together. To think about this beautiful life we have built makes me marvel. We have a house that we love, a crazy dog, and a pet iguana. We've never been to a fancy restaurant, we've never had a couples massage, and we've never been on a romantic vacation. But we will always be happier eating pizza from The Pie, giving each other foot massages on the couch, and listening to our favorite podcasts and eating junk food on one of our road trips.
We have a baby girl on the way in a few short weeks. I am so grateful for a mind and body that are healthy and strong enough to grow this life. I am amazed by every wiggle and kick I feel and still feel a shock every time I see myself in a mirror. Sometimes I sit in her nursery - which is a mish-mash of baby things and music equipment, since we're giving her the music room - and rock in the rocking chair and look through the cute little things we've bought for her. I just can't wait to meet this little person. I know she was meant to be a part of our family, and I can't wait to hold her in my arms and see her little face.
I have a loving Heavenly Father who has blessed my life so far beyond what I will ever deserve. I feel His love every day and know that He has a plan for me. I know that every good thing in my life comes from Him.
Tuesday, March 24, 2015
30 weeks and feeling good! Here's a list of the latest:
- I really do have to pee all the time. Even when I don't actually have to go, I feel like I do...
- She is movin' and shakin' in there! I feel kicks and punches and stretches and....other inexplicable wiggles alllll the time! It's really cool mostly, but it is starting to get uncomfortable. She had a foot up in my ribs on Sunday and I thought I was going to go insane. I like hiccups though. It's only happened a couple times, but it's pretty cute to feel those.
- You can see and feel her movement from the outside! My dr. told me that my placenta is really far forward, so it kind of blocks the baby's movements from the surface of my belly, but at this point, they're strong enough that it doesn't even matter. It's been cool to be able to have family and friends feel it and see it. I'm glad she's showing off for someone besides me now!
- The nursery is still a work in progress....I can't wait to get it finished.
- I've been craving: milano cookies, cold cereal, oranges, cheese, milk, bacon....and Wendy's spicy chicken sandwiches and fries! That's the worst craving I've had so far. If I start thinking about those, I can't stop until I get me some Wendy's.
- I've worked out better during the past few weeks than I have my whole pregnancy! I don't know why that is. Probably fear of gaining too much weight (especially since I've already gained 20 lbs) combined with fear of squeezing a child out of my body...but it's really helping me to feel better. My back pain has been so much more manageable since I started working out more regularly and I have a lot more energy. Not to mention, I just feel more like my old self.
- I wish I could sleep. I get up at least twice during the night to use the bathroom, and it always takes a long time to go back to sleep because getting comfortable is nearly impossible. Anyone ever use the wedge pillows before? They look like they would be amazing...I'm thinking about getting one.
- We signed up for birthing classes :) We're taking a birth preparation class and a breastfeeding class next month.
- We bought a stroller and carseat. They were on a great sale and we just couldn't pass them up! I think they're really cute and I have to confess, sometimes I get the carseat out and just put it in the living room and look at it, trying to get used to the idea that there will be a kid in it soon!
- I've had lots of weird aches and pains. Lots of side cramps and backaches and some sciatic nerve issues (I've had those before, so I wasn't surprised when they started happening in pregnancy).
- Heartburn has returned! Not as bad as the first trimester, but I had to restock my supply of maalox and tums.