Saturday, January 10, 2015

Sugar & Spice & Everything Nice!



He did this willingly...I swear.


We had our 20 week ultrasound this week and found out we're having a GIRL! I always thought it would be neat to have a boy first - I always wanted an older brother - but...I've really been wishing for a girl the whole time. Sean had wanted a boy, no surprise...but he seems really happy and excited. I know he'll be wrapped around her little finger :)

When our ultrasound technician started looking at parts, she asked us if we could tell what we were seeing. Sean immediately said, "Yeah, it's a girl!" I couldn't see any parts that reminded me of the anatomy I'm familiar with....but I was glad they saw and had no doubts! I can't lie...I kinda freaked out. For a long time now, I've had a strong feeling that I would have a daughter someday. I didn't know that this baby was a girl, but when I found out, my first thought was, "It's her!" I already feel like she's this little spirit that I have known forever, even though I don't know her at all yet. I know I sure can't wait to meet her!

Even greater than my excitement that she's a SHE, was finding out that our baby girl looks healthy and is growing beautifully. She has ten fingers and ten toes and everything else is looking how it should so far. It was such an enormous relief to hear those words! Pregnancy is just such a miracle! I can't believe there's a human in there with a perfectly formed and functioning body!

We got some gorgeous ultrasound images that just blew our minds. We saw her kicking and squirming all over the place and got to see our little cutie 'waving' right at us!

We both cried a little and laughed a lot during our appointment. It was so touching to see my husband, who is rarely ever emotional, get choked up at the image of his baby girl on the screen. What an adventure we've gotten ourselves into.....Sean really is my very best friend. I love him so much and I can't wait to see him hold our girl for the first time. He will be the most incredible daddy. This lil' lady is pretty lucky!

View FullSizeRender.jpg in slide show
ALWAYS wanted to get to park here!
We called our families as soon as we left the doctor's office, and they're all so excited. This will be the second grandbaby on my side of the family (I already have the most beautiful niece in the world!), and the first (maybe...if she comes on time and her cousin doesn't come early!) on Sean's side. We have had a lot of fun the past couple days talking about names, thinking about decorating the nursery, and buying some baby things.

We posted an announcement on Facebook tonight. Sean was a good sport and let me dress him up princess-style. Our dog baby, Zero, on the other hand...he was not so willing. He is apparently terrified of balloons, and did NOT enjoy enjoy wearing a pink ribbon. You can watch our struggle here: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10155021963600198&set=vb.757410197&type=2&theater







No comments:

Post a Comment