Sunday, December 14, 2014

Trimester 1: uuuuuugghhh

The first 12 weeks were not fun times. Not at all. I was nauseous, exhausted, picky about food, and weirdly emotional. I cried when my family pulled out my baby pictures, because I was not a cute baby...and I was afraid that I was not going to have a cute baby...and they were making fun of me. I cried the first time I ate baco n while pregnant because it was just SO GOOD! I cried when I watched commercials about babies, or dog babies, or cat babies, or any other kind of babies. I cried when I had to go to work in the morning. I cried when I was at work and couldn't take a nap. Ha ha ha...it was a little rough there for a while.

I wanted to make a list of food things...because seriously, some of them have been pretty funny:

Aversions:
EGGS! *insert gagging sound here*
Chocolate/rich sweets
Diet coke (whaaaa?????)

Cravings:
Anything salty and/or sour - cheese is the bomb, potato chips are delightful, fruity/sour candy rocks my world, pickles are perfection (that's a pregnancy cliche, I know, but for real...have you had a pickle lately?),

I didn't exercise, um, at all during the whole first trimester. I walked my dog every day and I kinda sorta tried to go to cross country practices (I was one of the coaches of the team...so I always went, but didn't usually run). I was pretty miserable with the state of my diet and exercise during those first few months...I just really struggled feeling so sick all the time.

We got to have an ultrasound at 8 weeks, which just floored me. I saw this little blob on the screen and saw its little heart beating and I just couldn't believe it. At 12 weeks, we got to see another ultrasound, and this time IT ACTUALLY LOOKED LIKE A BABY! Identifiable parts and all! Ha ha. This time, we got to hear the heartbeat, and it was just a miracle. I just cried (some more).

No comments:

Post a Comment