Sunday, December 14, 2014

Spilling the Beans

We told our families we were pregnant almost right away. I just couldn't keep it a secret! We have a dog, Zero, who we love like a child. He is seriously spoiled rotten. Sleeps-in-bed-under-the-covers-with-us spoiled. We got him a dog tag that says, "Big Brother." He wore it to dinner at Sean's parents one night and we got his mom to look at it and read it. At first, she was thinking we might be getting another dog, but when I shook my head, she pointed and mouthed, "YOU?" And then the whole family just lost it. So much excitement. This will be the first grandbaby on Sean's side (but not by much, or maybe at all! My brother- and sister-in-law are due with their first just a few weeks after us!!!).

I called my mom the day I found out. She's my best friend. I just had to tell her. I didn't even think of a sneaky/cute way to tell her, I just blurted it out. Unfortunately, she was grocery shopping and started crying in the middle of the store :) (maybe my crying's not a pregnancy thing....it might just be genetics).

I also told a few friends from work pretty early. They coach cross country with me and I felt like I needed to explain why I was being such a lazy butt...plus they're two of my really good friends and, like I said, I'm horrible at keeping secrets!

We told the rest of the world after our 12 week ultrasound, which was a couple weeks before Thanksgiving. My students were SO excited. It was so fun to tell them and I loved their reactions. They still ask me (sometimes awkward) questions all the time about the baby and are just so excited. There is a daily bump watch in my women's choir class...(see, awkward :))

Now the whole world knows, and I am glad. It's so fun to be able to talk about it and hear other people's stories. I definitely think anyone who says they love being pregnant is an alien...but it's definitely an exciting adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment