Tuesday, March 24, 2015

30 Weeks!

30 weeks and feeling good! Here's a list of the latest:

Symptoms:
  • I really do have to pee all the time. Even when I don't actually have to go, I feel like I do...
  • She is movin' and shakin' in there! I feel kicks and punches and stretches and....other inexplicable wiggles alllll the time! It's really cool mostly, but it is starting to get uncomfortable. She had a foot up in my ribs on Sunday and I thought I was going to go insane. I like hiccups though. It's only happened a couple times, but it's pretty cute to feel those.
  • You can see and feel her movement from the outside! My dr. told me that my placenta is really far forward, so it kind of blocks the baby's movements from the surface of my belly, but at this point, they're strong enough that it doesn't even matter. It's been cool to be able to have family and friends feel it and see it. I'm glad she's showing off for someone besides me now!
  • The nursery is still a work in progress....I can't wait to get it finished. 
  • I've been craving: milano cookies, cold cereal, oranges, cheese, milk, bacon....and Wendy's spicy chicken sandwiches and fries! That's the worst craving I've had so far. If I start thinking about those, I can't stop until I get me some Wendy's. 
  • I've worked out better during the past few weeks than I have my whole pregnancy! I don't know why that is. Probably fear of gaining too much weight (especially since I've already gained 20 lbs) combined with fear of squeezing a child out of my body...but it's really helping me to feel better. My back pain has been so much more manageable since I started working out more regularly and I have a lot more energy. Not to mention, I just feel more like my old self.
  • I wish I could sleep. I get up at least twice during the night to use the bathroom, and it always takes a long time to go back to sleep because getting comfortable is nearly impossible. Anyone ever use the wedge pillows before? They look like they would be amazing...I'm thinking about getting one.
  • We signed up for birthing classes :) We're taking a birth preparation class and a breastfeeding class next month. 
  • We bought a stroller and carseat. They were on a great sale and we just couldn't pass them up! I think they're really cute and I have to confess, sometimes I get the carseat out and just put it in the living room and look at it, trying to get used to the idea that there will be a kid in it soon!
  • I've had lots of weird aches and pains. Lots of side cramps and backaches and some sciatic nerve issues (I've had those before, so I wasn't surprised when they started happening in pregnancy).
  • Heartburn has returned! Not as bad as the first trimester, but I had to restock my supply of maalox and tums.

No comments:

Post a Comment